Effective January 1, 2018, A resident of Alabama who is the recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross may purchase license plates in this category.
- A DD214 indicating the registrant is a recipient of the Distinguished Flying Cross must be presented to the license plate issuing official in order to purchase this license plate.
- The plate is also available for those qualifying for disability access parking privileges.
These plates may not be personalized.
The plates in this category are not transferable between vehicle owners.
This plate may be displayed upon the following types of vehicles:
- private passenger automobiles
- pickup trucks
- pleasure motor vehicles (i.e., recreational vehicles) not exceeding 12,000 pounds gross vehicle weight
This is a permanent plate – its design does not change.
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria may not obtain the plate.
The surviving spouse of a veteran fitting this criteria can retain the plate.
There is no limit to the number of plates the registrant may obtain.
Individual plates are ordered On Demand through the Plate Reservation and Ordering System (PROS).
- Registration: $15.00 to $105.00 depending on the type of vehicle being registered.
- Additional fees: $25.00 annually
- The net proceeds of the $25.00 will be distributed to the Alabama Veterans’ Assistance Fund in the State Treasury.